Be Humble

These past couple of weeks I've been reading at home more than I have in a really long time. When I first started blogging I challenged myself to spend less time on my phone before bed and instead pick up my book. Since the last blog post I've finished The Mark of Athena and about 3/4 done with my AP title book, The Great Gatsby. I'm now up to almost twenty minutes a night and I'm progressing through books so much faster. I also feel like it’s better for my sleep pattern to not be on my phone right before bed as much. My next reading goal will be to finish books quicker so that I'm able to read more!
Image result for be humble tumblr

One of my favorite things I did this summer was travel to Myrtle Beach. It was a fun get away trip and a huge learning experience for me. Besides laying on the beach and relaxing, my family and I traveled with a local church organization to a not so good part of town in attempt to help out and give back to those who aren't as fortunate as us. We brought them food, clothes, and even toys for the kids. I was amazed at how such great people they were, even when they had nothing. It showed me how blessed I am to have just a roof over my head, water and food, and family who loves me. As you know, my AP book choice was The Great Gatsby. There was a quote I came across that said "whenever you feel like criticizing any one, just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had. He didn't say any more, but we've always been unusually communicative in a reserved way, and I understood that he meant a great deal more than that." After reading that I instantly thought about my Myrtle Beach vacation and how much of a humbling experience it was. Most people really don't know how good they have it. And when they think it's bad, there's always someone out there who has it way worse. I learned an important life lesson that day that I will forever live by. A positive message I continue to see no matter where I am, even in books that were written decades ago. A moto that everyone should live by. Be humble.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your blog. It was difficult to read but other then that I really enjoyed your connection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts